This is my make up post for the week, it’s the usual, I’ve been busy. For my followers who are waiting for a story, I promise this weekend I’ll post a short story. I’ve had one sitting in my editing folder but I haven’t had time to post it. Anyway, I have plenty to catch on with kpop this week.
1. Jaejoong releases mini album and Mine music video. In all honesty I was more excited that Jaejoong would be releasing a mini than I was when I heard One Kiss. One Kiss is just not my genre of music. Jaejoong still sounds amazing but ah that track wasn’t for me. But that did not derail me from listening to the rest of the album because I knew there had to be at least on ballad on the album. And of course since I didn’t like One Kiss I didn’t care for Mine. As for the video, I’m not going to lie I was a bit scared going into it because from the teasers ehh I didn’t think I’d like it. After watching it, my opinion didn’t change, I didn’t like the video. Too dark for me.
I have a strange liking to 내안 가득히, the moment the song started, I fell for it. Not to mention he sounds great in the song, like usual. Hands done, All Alone is my absolute track. It’s sung gorgeously and with raw emotion which makes it a great listen
and it’s a ballad. Though I didn’t love every track on this album, I do believe this is a great quality album.
2. Nevermind releases Shooting Star. I haven’t heard of Nevermind, they must be rookies, but they are quite refreshing to listen to. Sounds like the music I used to listen to a few years ago.
3. MYNAME releases new teaser. I swear MYNAME falls off the face of the planet for months (What about Double A?) and I forget all about them. I know they made an official Japanese debut with an original track which was alright. MYNAME better not be fooling me, I want the song in the teaser. No intro track like it,a real title track or regular track on the album please and thank you.
4. B.A.P releases Sound of Rain. I never used to get Baro vibes from BYG but I’m really feeling them in this music video. Which isn’t a bad thing since I happen to like Baro. Daehyun still sounds amazing, please someone give this boy a solo mini album with ballads. I freaking love his voice so much. Baby Zelo is doing his thing quite well with BYG, I swear he’s growing up before my eyes. Still can’t believe I’m older than him. I guess I better get used to saying things like that. Anyway, quality music from B.A.P once again, they never fail to amaze me with their title tracks. I like the approach they took with this track, I wanted to hear a less “in your face” type of track like No Mercy but not exactly a “sugary” track like Stop it. I thought the video was alright, I didn’t find it impressive though the color of the video was nice. As for the dancing….let’s not discuss that.
5. CNBLUE releases Re:Blue album and I’m Sorry music video. I’m a tad disappointed with the title track, I felt underwhelmed listening to the song. Actually that’s the best way to describe the album, underwhelming sadly.